Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering in Thangavelu Engineering College was started in the year 2012 with an intake of 120 students. The overall objective of the Civil Engineering Undergraduate program is to promote the intellectual development of those interested in the Civil engineering profession and to produce graduates who possess the knowledge, tools and traits necessary for a successful career and for assuming a leadership role in the Civil engineering profession.
The educational program objectives are to produce graduates who:
Possess a broad-based civil engineering education to successfully obtain professional positions, and practice civil engineering in a wide range of professional settings including consulting firms, industries, and government agencies.
Exhibit professional growth throughout their careers by taking on increasing professional responsibilities and pursue life-long learning by obtaining professional engineering license.
TEC Demonstrate success and leadership in practice of engineering by contributing to the economic well-being of their employers and society and by dedicated service to professional societies.
The vision of Civil Engineering Departments is to make our students ethically strong engineers by discipline through innovative programs of global standards for the economic development of the state, region and nation.
The mission of the Department of Civil Engineering
To provide quality education to prepare nationally competitive undergraduate students for a successful career in civil
To promote innovative thinking in minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO 1: To provide fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities, and design capabilities for a successful civil engineering career.
PEO 2: To establish the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and
assessing design alternatives and their related social, economic, environmental, and public safety impacts.
PEO 3: To make progress for obtaining professional licensure, assumed or made progress toward assuming leadership roles, and engaged in life-long learning
- an ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Graduates will be able to continue their educations through advanced studies in Civil, Environmental,Management and other related professional disciplines.
Civil Engineering students participate in the construction activity of the college by bounding hands with our builders. They are gaining more practical knowledge on the recent trends in construction by visiting research centers in and around Chennai. Internship training is offered at leading manufacturing companies every weekend. Industrial visits are arranged to leading companies.
Events / Circular: